Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wickless Wednesday: Current Favorite Songs!

MUSIC TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Echosmith's "Bright" is my #1 favorite tune at the moment. It's sort of a simple beat, but I love the lyrics and the lead singer's voice. I really need to check out more songs from this band! It's happy and cute and you should check it out.
Do you remember music videos? I almost forgot they existed because who watched MTV anymore? LOL. Walk The Moon's "Shut Up And Dance" is an infectious song with a wonderful music video. Catchy, upbeat and cute, I dare you to listen to this song and not want to dance! Josh and I always find ourselves singing this song. #shimmy
Though I didn't 100% enjoy the film version of "Into The Woods," there were quite a few enjoyable songs from the soundtrack. "It Takes Two," sung by James Corden and Emily Blunt has been an earworm and has been stuck in my head for MONTHS. I love this song and the way their voices mesh together so well!! Plus, it helps that I am basically in love with James Corden and think he can do no wrong. <3
If I had to pick a current favorite solo artist, it would be Sam Smith. Everything I have heard from him I have adored. "Leave Your Lover" by Sam Smith, though wholly depressing and not at all related to my life, is the epitome of everything I love about music. You can hear the sorrow and the sadness and the despair in his voice, more and more with every note he sings. The song blossoms from something sad and desperate to something almost bitter within his voice. I just LOVE him as an artist, and this song is great. His album is stellar!
Have you seen "Guardians of the Galaxy" yet? If you haven't, I urge you to see it yesterday because it's one of the best movies of 2014. Anyways, Awesome Mix Vol. 1, the soundtrack for the movie, is pretty much the most amazing soundtrack ever made. it is so well crafted!! "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Elvin Bishop is a newly rediscovered song because of this soundtrack. I am obsessed. I play it every damn time I am in the car. It's such a good oldie tune. Check it out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are my favorite songs right now! What tracks are YOU loving at the moment?? Let us all know! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to listen to all these then comment back. But I have The Birkin Tree by Old Blind Dogs on repeat at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those first two songs!!! Especially the first one. It is something I could listen to over and over. How did I not remember Fooled Around and Fell in Love?! Of course I have heard that one a million times! I love how the cassette turns in the video. Reminds me if my Walkman toting teen years. Always Jimmy Buffett, Beach Boys or Dirty Dancing soundtrack nestled inside. Oh the days.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)