Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wickless Wednesday: Current Favorite Songs!

Every now and then, I like to share my favorite music at the moment.
I'm not sure if I have mentioned, but I am a music freak! I would also love to know what your favorite songs and albums are right now, so PLEASE share in the comments section what you're jammin' to these days!! :)
"Carry On" by fun. is a really great song! It truly showcases the lead singer's voice and singing ability, IMO. The songs basic message is to just carry on through whatever bad stuff comes your way, that it can always be worse, but to lift your head up and muster through it! Love this one.
As much as I say I don't like Katy Perry, here she is, for the second music post, popping up in my life to destroy my musical street cred. "Dark Horse" is so damn catchy! I blame my friend Cz for getting this song stuck in my head.
"Wings" by Birdy has recently been featured in two movie trailers, the first is for "Labor Day" and the second is for "Winter's Tale" (UGH). In a full theater and with no shame, I Shazam'd this song and instantly downloaded it when we got home. I love Birdy's voice, it's sort of hauntingly amazing. Fantastic song, I urge you to try and hear it!
We can trust each other, right?
I want to tell you a secret.
I am in love with Macklemore, that fierce ginger that he is. This song has basically no appeal in my life since I don't care about cars, and yet I am obsessed. "White Walls" is NSFW, so be careful when listening.
Lorde is another really fantastic singer I am loving at the moment. "Team" is her latest song, but you might know her based on her first hit, "Royals." There seems to be a trendy in haunting types of voices lately, and I'm personally loving the change from the bubblegum-pop artists. Plus, she has a lot to say about music these days.
Keane's "Everybody's Changing" is a flashback song for me. This is band I could never get tired of. I've recently rediscovered this tune and love it just as much as I did a few years ago. The lyrics really apply to every point in life, and it is songs like this that make me love music so much, ones that connect with life and the soul.
One of my favorite songs from the recent films (the movie "Her") has to be "The Moon Song," sung by Karen O. She is the lead singer of Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, and she's incredible. If you're not familiar with her music, you should try and check her out because really, she's good! This song was nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars this year, but was beaten by "Let It Go" from the movie "Frozen." This song is short, but sweet. Love the song, and loved the movie "Her."

2 comments:

  1. I love music. I'm familiar with some of these you've posted, and some I have no clue about. I'm really digging Pharrell's 'Happy' right now, and 'Best Day of My Life' by.....(I forget). I've been hearing a new song I really like on a local station but I never catch the name or artist and not even Soundhound recognized it. *grrr*

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Day of My Life is sung by American Authors! In love that one too, and Happy is infectious! :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)